Tuesday, March 15, 2005

A tube a day keeps the doctor away

The shooting pains are still continuing to run through the surgical area. They last anywhere from about 1-5 seconds. They’ve also seemed to increase in the clitoral area...which I hope is a good thing. These pains come and go in spurts. Sometimes they happen when I am sitting down, standing up, or simply while lying down.

I was never able to find any Surgilube in regular pharmacies, but was able to make do with the tube from Dr. Meltzer’s staff and two tubes that Amber graciously offered (since she bought like a gross of them or something). I recently looked online to see if I could simply order it from a respectable company, but then decided to see if there were any good deals on ebay. Sure enough, someone was selling 10 tubes of the stuff...at a pretty decent price. Including shipping and handling, I think I paid about $2.40 each, and most importantly, they arrived at my door yesterday.

So, I have finally started using #3. It is definitely tight getting it past that PC muscle, and I usually spend at least 10-15 minutes with #2 in first. The hard part is getting it all the way in. I’ve managed about 4-4.5” of vaginal depth thus far, and will hopefully get it a little further in time. I feel slight twinges of sharp pain at the very end, so I’m not pushing things yet.

No comments: