Sunday, July 03, 2005

A day and a half at home

E and I flew in on Friday evening, chatted with those staying at my parent's house, attended a family gathering Saturday afternoon, and chatted over breakfast this morning before flying out around noon. When I woke up yesterday morning, my dad informed me that I had a flat tire and he'd spotted the nail in it.

I dropped the car off at Wal-mart to have the tire repaired while I talked E into buying a swimsuit in order to join me in the pool at my aunt's house. The water at my aunt's house was warm, almost too warm for the hot muggy weather...but it still felt nice. It's the first time I have swam in about 2 years, and the first time post-op.

When I still had the equipment, getting into cold water was a chore. There were two methods...either jump in or go in slowly because Junior and the boys definitely did not like the cold. I wondered how it would go now that they were gone, but since the water was fairly warm, this wasn't really an issue...plus, I just jumped in anyway. I couldn't talk E into the water, but I did splash around with a few of my extended family.

When E wasn't around, my uncle asked, "So... who is E?"

I told him that E was my eFriend.

E has never dated a T before, so this is the first time for E. Everyone in my family obviously knows that I am T, and they obviously found out over the weekend that E and I are dating. They seemed to take things fairly well...and were simply happy that I was finally dating. I know it was a lot better having E around since I finally had someone to do stuff with.

After the big meal and picking up the repaired car, we headed back to my parents. I finally got E in the water for a late night swim. The water was a bit cold, but I didn't test out the slow entry method, and simply jumped in again. Actually, it didn't feel that bad down below, so perhaps that is another positive aspect of having it gone. At least I hopefully don't have to worry about shrinkage now.

No comments: