Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Dr. O Returns

We were fortunate to have Dr. O return to the TGSF End of Month Social last week after the little mix up we had in May. Unfortunately, there might have been some scheduling issues as Dr. O had to deal with some of the same stuff I had to deal with on my night before SRS. It appeared that Dr. O was having a routine colonoscopy the following morning. It was kinda ironic, in a way, especially since he and Mira had no idea that transsexuals went through the same thing the night before SRS.

I've seen Dr. O's presentation a number of times now, and, of course, I've had my own personal conversation with Dr. O at least once or twice. During this one, he mentioned that he had a book about FFS coming out inside the next two weeks. I scanned for it on Amazon and signed up for notifications on when it would be available. This morning's email from Amazon indicates that it is now available for pre-sale.

The last thing I want to mention is kind of a touchy subject. Some T's feel uncomfortable during Dr. O and Mira's "sales pitch", and I can totally understand. Sure, the people looking to have FFS will embrace his suggestions, but if you are just there to watch the program, you might feel paranoid about some masculine features of your face if they mention anything about yourself. It's a tough call to make, and I wish Dr. O and Mira were less about the sales pitch and more about the fundamentals of FFS. Unfortunately, their job is to perform FFS and get you to have the surgery. I will say, though, that my conversation with Dr. O was entirely "sales pitch" free during my pre-surgical consultations. If you are just there to see his presentation, though, don't sit in the front row.

No comments: