Sunday, April 25, 2010

Boxers or Briefs

So, a number of my teammates love to wear boxers. I'm not exactly sure why, but they love them. Of course, a number of lesbian women also love to wear boxers, and since a good proportion of my teammates are lesbians, it figures that a healthy number of them would prefer boxers.

After a few of us had brunch in the Castro, we walked along Market on our way to another destination. Somehow we got on the conversation of underwear, and my teammate walking closest to me says she wears boxers. I ask her why so many of our teammates wear boxers. What does it do for them? Men wear them because it is supposedly healthier for sperm, but what does it do for girls?

She said she just liked wearing them and that she found comfort in them. She said her mother didn't quite understand but just kinda accepted it.

"I'm not one of those transgender, I just like wearing boxers," she said, reinforcing her diverse gender expression. "I mean, I like wearing masculine clothes, and I love my bra. I just love my boobies."

"Hmmm...you're a cross-dresser," I said jokingly.

"Haha! Yeah, I guess I am."

4 comments:

~ Charlotte said...

Lol! Your teammates are awesome ^_^

Jessica Lyn said...

Neither.. Thongs! ...and I still have my penis (oh how I hate saying that).

Anonymous said...

Very interesting. Does your teammate know that you are TS MTF? With all that plastic facial surgery, few could probably tell, except that you probably still have a masculine torso due to all those years of testosterone (at least that's what it looks like in your pics)

Kara said...

I have not told my teammate, but I cannot read minds, so I have no idea how many of my teammates know or suspect.

I do have a male torso, but many athletic women do not have overly curvy bodies...which is probably my saving grace, along with being fairly short and having a decent voice. I've tried to stay fairly skinny over the years, but I do still have quite a bit of muscle.