Monday, May 02, 2005

An itchy inch

I pulled out another of those ‘dissolvable’ sutures last night. Well, I didn’t get all of it. I tugged on it like the previous one, but it didn’t want to slide right out. It felt like it was still tied around something, and I didn’t want to hurt myself by pulling too hard and tearing something. So, I just clipped it at the surface which, unfortunately, still leaves some inside me.

Tonight, though, I pulled out the granddaddy of dissolvable sutures. I had the little irritating feeling at the junction where the drains were initially located. They are basically at the top of the vertical incision that ends about the same height as my clitoris, but out to each side about 3cm. The irritation has been in the one on my right side. I gently scratched the area feeling for any suture which might be poking through the skin, and sure enough, there was a very tiny portion. I grabbed on to it with the tweezers and gently tugged. Initially, there was this knot of sutures at the top but the rest of it was just a string of the suture itself. The total length came up right at 1” (2.5cm).


The culprit!







It feels nice having those sutures out, and when I rub the areas where I’ve removed them, they feel so much better now. The mirror sites on either side, though, where I have either not removed anything or not been able to get all of it, seem to have some small bumps and feel a little different. It’s almost as though I can feel the remaining chunks of suture that are below the surface. I wonder if Dr. Meltzer will be able to remove some of these with the labiaplasty if they don't dissolve, or if I will be getting more of them at that time.

No comments: