Thursday, June 22, 2006

Pride

Well, this weekend is one of the largest LGBT Pride events in the world...happening right here in my backyard. It kicks off Friday night with the T moving to the front of the TLGB pack with the 3rd Annual Trans March starting in Dolores Park. I'll be volunteering at the site and during the march, so say hey if anyone is around. Here's today's article on the Trans March and some of the people that will be participating. I spoke at the first march two years ago; and last year, I even noticed Morgan Freeman taping some of the activities.

Saturday is filled with a variety of activities, including the main pavillion areas. This is a good time to get around to the many different booths without actually fighting a majority of the crowds. I'm not sure if I'll be at the TGSF outreach booth that day, but I'll definitely be there on Sunday for a little bit.

Sunday is the parade. I won't be in it this year...it's just something I have done enough of in the past (my first was in 2002 after becoming an officer of TGSF)...why not let the newbies get their time in. Plus, they usually have trouble staffing the Outreach Booth while everyone else is on the float for the parade.

I'm sure there are plenty of events I'm not listing here, so check out www.sfpride.org for more details.

1 comment:

Kara said...

It's amazing how many people come into San Francisco for Pride. I saw players from other teams that drove in from 3-4 hours away. I guess they just don't have that much in the way of 'gay' stuff where they live..including tolerance and support, that they finally get to experience here. I'm very fortunately to live where I do, and probably take that for advantage too often.