Monday, July 10, 2006

Transfigurations in San Francisco

Transfigurations moves from Santa Cruz to Good Vibrations in San Francisco, with an artist reception this evening. I'm still debating if I want to go or not...since for one thing, my regular picture will not be hanging, and two, there will possibly be two nude pictures of me. (I was hesitant to even mention this due to the possible perv factor.) This is the first time I have ever posed nude, let alone, had anyone see pictures of me nude...but this IS an art exhibit (so I can claim art privilege, right?). I just think it might be weird to be there with people looking at my naked body...not that I think they shouldn't. Of course, if I did go, and someone liked the way I looked naked, and I liked the way they looked with clothes on...hmmmm. Hahahaha.

The exhibit is located at Good Vibrations, 1620 Polk Street in San Francisco, and will run from July 10-August 21.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There were a lot of people in attendance at this evenings viewing of Transfigurations including Jamison Green and a lot of people that I knew from TGSF. I'm thankful that so many courageous people stood up and had their pictures taken. The project gives a glimpse into what it means to be transsexual. The photo essay has been a useful teaching aid to my family and friends to better understand a little more about me. Thank you Kara ... you're awesome!!!

Tiffany

Anonymous said...

Zzzzzzzz, snort, snort, Zzzzzzzzzz
what? huh? who? ......

Someone sai nude pictures of Kara????

< perk > I'm awake now!

I'm on my way to get my ticket to fly to SFO non stop. lol

jk Kara ;)

Kara said...

Thanks Tiffany. I'm glad you were able to catch the showing. I still need to stop by sometime over the next month.

...and Lauren...[sigh]...PERV!!! hahahahaha. jk...sorta.

I knew going in that there would be some getting a charge out of it, but that's the way with any nude artwork. I figured the positive outweighed the negative...and I always secretly wanted to pose naked...so I can say, "sure, I've done a nude spread...twice." hehehe