Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Bump

I needed to pick up some hair products, so I decided to run the errand during lunch. Two birds with one stone, as they say. My usual beauty supply store is located right near an awesome little Asian 'to-go' place.

As I was walking across the street, I noticed a few people walking toward me from the other side. One was a taller white dude, an Asian dude, and an Asian woman. I glanced at all of them briefly. It wasn't until all of us reached one another midway through the crosswalk that I realized the Asian woman was Amber.

I didn't recognize her until I was about an arms reach away, so I bumped her arm as we walked by. She didn't recognize me until I did so. We said our hello's and hugged in the middle of the crosswalk, until I walked back to the side with her. We chatted briefly about the same lunch spot and caught up briefly on how things are going.

It was also interesting that neither of us recognized the other until we were so close. I mean, my T-dar is pretty decent...but it was cool that neither of us set off the other's radar. Either I'm losing it, or she's just got it going on.

OK, she has it going on...but I wonder if it isn't pinging that much anymore.

On a different note, I was eating with two coworkers, when I noticed a long haired woman at a another table facing away from me. The group she was with looked like a bunch of programmers, or similar. After a few minutes, the woman stood up and I realized she was actually a he. Ding ding ding. He totally pinged the radar...and even my coworkers thought he was a she from the side.

The world is filled with such different people, though, I guess we really never know if someone is T or not...we simply respect one another as people. Most people really don't care since we all have our own issues to deal with in life.

No comments: