Thursday, December 13, 2007

12 Days until Christmas

Yesterday was one month since the jaw revision. I stopped the pain killers about 2 weeks ago and had no real issues with getting to sleep at night. It took a few more days for my digestive system to get over the side effects, but things have settled back down to normal.

The main issue over the past two weeks is the "tightness" along the incision area. I thought it was due to the remaining "dissolvable" sutures beneath the skin, but Dr. O says it's the scar tissue. I've been moving my lips and jaw to try to stretch it out.

Oh yeah, I visited Dr. O on Monday for my check-up. It could be the last time I see him since I'm not planning on any more bone work. To inspect my jaw, he just ran his finger along the area he cut out. He said it was still swollen. I already knew that, of course, and plan on waiting another 2-3 months to see the final result. He also said he cut out about 3mm along that portion. That's about 1/8" for those still not using the metric system. (I visited with a few friends at Cocoon before heading back to work.)

My relationship is kinda unique right now. About 1.5 months ago, she called to say she was too busy to date, and didn't think it was fair that I was only able to see her once a week. She called again about two weeks ago to say she was less busy...and thus, we've gone out twice since then. She is still very busy, but since she's still interested, I'm seeing where our relationship will go. She's a very attractive woman and we share a similar interest in athletics. She, like me, though, also has a competitive side...which I like. Did I mention she's hot, too? We've chatted here and there about the T-stuff, but it hasn't been a huge issue. I think it allows for that common bond to form...where we both have dealt with coming out and accepting who we are.

OK, well, I'm still trying to decide on a new car. I think I have it picked out, I just have to find time to sit down and buy it. It's still hard saying good-bye to something that, if you added up over 170,000 miles, I've spent 4 months in over the past 13 years. Unfortunately, my car is dying. I was hoping to get 200,000 miles out of it, but it would take a lot of money to keep it functioning. I still have about $6,000 left on my FFS loan, so the car got me into a nice position to have everything paid off soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kara,

Just emailed you and hope you're able to respond -- didn't mean to spam you! I'm coming up to SF and I'm really excited -- hope to catch up with you if you have the chance!

-Lauren ^_^