Saturday, December 29, 2007

Vroom Vroom

The last time I bought a car was in 1995. That seems like another lifetime. Actually, it almost was, I guess.

The only weird thing with buying my new car was dealing with the credit check. When they pulled it up on the screen, my former name was listed in the "previous names" section. I am so lucky my former first name was so feminine and that they didn't list my middle name along with it. The guy scanning through my credit history even noticed the former name thing but didn't ask any questions about it.

Anyway, I bought a chick car. It's very similar to what I already had but it's slightly upgraded and in a different set of colors. And, yes, I got a little ribbing for owning a chick car when I lived as a guy.

The downside to buying a car, of course, is the payment side of things. I still have a few months to go on paying off FFS, so the car payment and FFS payment will overlap a bit. My old car made it to 171,000 miles, which is pretty good, and through transition without too much extra cost. I thought I would cry when I said good-bye to it, but I didn't. It got me through a lot of life, but it was falling apart and I was starting to worry if everytime I drove more than 10 miles it would leave me stranded somewhere. It got me to California, and that's how I'll remember it.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Woohoo. Congrats on the new car!

Becca in Denver.