Thursday, January 10, 2008

Writer's strike = TransTV?

With the Writer's Guild on strike, it appears many stations are turning to reality TV to fill their schedules. This is most apparent with American Gladiators back on. I watched an hour or two this past weekend, and I have to say, nothing has changed. I mean nothing. It looked like the exact same set and exact same tennis ball shooter.

That being said, it appears there could be a couple of transgender themed reality shows to hit the airwaves soon. The one I had heard about involved Calpernia Addams doing sort of a Bachelorette style show.

I found the other one randomly. A lesbian friend of mine is planning a party at AsiaSF, so I went online to look at their website after hearing they were opening a new restaurant in Hollywood. They are holding auditions for transgender women to be their new lip syncing dance machines...and it appears they may make that process a new reality show. Interesting.

Let's just hope they do well in showing real life, and not the life everyone seems to think that we live.

No comments: