Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Keeping out of the kitchen

We have a cafeteria where I work. It's not as good as Google's cafeteria, but it's still pretty decent. They remodeled our cafeteria recently and changed a few of the staff around. Initially after the change, we had this one guy in there who made some really nice dishes for me. They say that a skinny chef is not a good chef, so this guy must be fantastic as a chef.

Oh, and he loved to chat me up. He was always hitting on me, and in his last week before being transferred, he wanted my business card so he could call me sometime and we could hang out. I knew what he was really interested in. I told him I liked girls, but he was very persistent.

He seems like a nice guy, but I just didn't want to make the whole T thing an issue at work.

Before he left, we had another chef come in as well. This new chef said I looked like the Puerto Rican women he knew...with the curly hair and freckles. He's still around and now makes a lot of the personal dishes.

Another guy that works in the kitchen has been trying to chat me up for years, and today he was a little more forward...sorta like the two of them are vying for my attention. I told him I like girls.

It's the easier thing to do instead of sitting them down and telling them the past.

Sigh.

I mean, I don't mean to flirt with them if that's what they think I am doing. I am friendly with them, and I chat them up as they make my food. And, sure, I kid with them a little.

But, hey, I value people that know how to cook, because I'm not the best at it. And they know that I'm a picky eater...but they make some really good dishes. And they treat me well.

And I'll still likely chat them up, but it's hard keeping their advances at bay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kara
Guys that can cook! A girl that can't have a little fun wth the guys ask them to treach you to cook and have a little fun with them