Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Third time is a charm

This coming weekend is the 2009 TGSF Cotillion...and, I'm running once again for the title of Ms. Transgender San Francisco.

This year's theme is Paris Nights, and while I have hardly any ties to the French, I do love their bread, fries, and sweets. I have a nice blue dress picked out for the active wear section, and I'm actually going to recycle a dress for the formal wear. Oh well, I'm a reuse-recycle-reduce type of California granola girl. Well, sorta. I still drive a sports coupe, but at least it's only a 4 banger.

The interview is complete, as I and the other contestants met with the judges this past Saturday. Basically, we're finished with the first third, we still have two-thirds to go.

We'll start out with the intro's and active wear, have our presentations, walk the walk during the formal wear, and then answer the final question. If the final question is of the same caliber of questions from the interview, it's going to be tough.

For my presentation, I've decided to sing. Yeah, I know...I'm not the greatest singer. I'm pushing for energy, and then trying to make it sound kinda decent so it's not another American Idol catastrophe. I borrowed one of my favorite songs, modified the words a bit, and have a friend playing guitar. It sounds fantastic in my head...especially in the shower, but less so when recorded. I'm still practicing this week in the hopes it sounds decent come this Saturday night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Break a leg!

Anonymous said...

All the best Kara, I know you will win. Either way, win or loose - you still are a such a beautiful girl.
Cheers, G

Anonymous said...

good luck! if i knew you were going, i would have made plans to go.