Thursday, August 13, 2009

Scared

When one considers transition, I've been through a lot. I've had most of my penis removed, with what was left inverted inside of me. My face has been rearranged and rebuilt. An electrified needle has been inserted into my face and body over 60,000 times.

And after all of that, I get scared by falling 100 feet.

In an airplane.

That was trying to descend in rough weather.

With me on board.

The plane had already been moving around more than most people would be comfortable with. The plane tossed around...side to side, twisting and turning, up and down...but when the guy next to me who had been showing little fear before the big drop reaches for his seat belt, you know it's far from usual.

"I haven't had to strap in this tight in 20 years," he says to me.

Obviously I survived since I am writing this entry, but I seriously thought about dropping down to kiss the ground after we landed. I have been through rough flights before, but this was beyond rough...it was violent.

What pissed me off, though, is that we were early, and we simply could have flown around a little to wait on the weather...or at the very least, the damn pilots could have warned us about the turbulence before our decent.

But, no.

They had to let us toss around in the back and wonder if we would see tomorrow.

As I walked past the pilots and exited the plane, I felt like rearranging their faces with my fists, shoving fire hot needles into their skin, and kicking them so hard in the groin that they spoke like Mickey Mouse for a month...but, alas, I was just happy to be alive.

5 comments:

~ Charlotte said...

Wow! Sorry to hear you had such a scary flight - glad you made it out OK on the other side though. Hopefully the rest of your trip will be a lot more relaxing.

Anonymous said...

EEP! I should show this to my mom and re-enforce my fear of flying. I rather be the pilot so I have a idea of what's going on.

Jessica Lyn said...

I know that you were scared and the the other comments above show their serious side too, but I must admit that Im sitting here laughing because of your last few lines in this post... they were unexpected.

But on the serious side, Im glad you landed safely. And your first few lines really hit home as I have yet to start transition.

Kelly said...

I always watch the flight attendants. If they get nervous, well, hold on tight, otherwise I tend not to worry about turbulence as I've experienced my fair share of it. Glad you made it home.

Kara said...

Unfortunately, I couldn't see the flight attendants from where I sat, but when we landed, one of them came over the intercom and went "W H E W!!!"

The trip has been pretty relaxing thus far. How did I ever squeeze in 40 hours of work in a week...seems like I hardly have any free time in between meals, exercise, movies, Guitar Hero, and naps.