Sunday, November 20, 2011

Transgender Day of Remembrance 2011

Today we honor those we have lost simply for being themselves. While Transgender Day of Remembrance is a somber reminder of how brutal the world is, we can also cherish those that we have. There are still many transgender people fighting the public fight, along with many behind the scenes trying to make the world a better place for all of us. Not only that, but everyone that lives their life true to themselves is helping make the journey a little easier for those still to come.

I just flew back from China yesterday, so I missed a number of local DOR activities on Friday, and chilled at a friend's place yesterday evening. With the weather and the roads a mess this afternoon, I decided not to venture over an hour to any of the distant ceremonies tonight, but I will simply light a solitary candle this evening to honor those transgender people that have been killed this past year.

3 comments:

Jessica Lyn said...

2 months girl.. you're slipping

Kara said...

I know. =( I've been all over...Oz, home, China, home, Oz, home, China, and back home...staying nowhere longer than 10 days. I'm on day 6 being home and hoping that I can break my string.

Jessica Lyn said...

I hear ya.. I know you'll get around to posting at some point.. I just wanted to remind you still have readers waiting on ya.

I hope you are at least getting some kind of enjoyment out of your travels. Maybe try to get some little trinket from each place, and well something different each time to go back to somewhere you've been before.

Hugs