Sunday, September 23, 2007

Zerophilia

I finally joined Netflix earlier this year. If anyone has ever read through all of my journal and blog entries, they probably know I cut out a lot of extras while going through transition in order to pay for all of it. Yes, I cut out movies almost entirely. I also went out less frequently and stopped making large purchases. I made my car last instead of buying a new one.

Anyway, so I've been catching up on movies and met some friends that enjoy movies as well. A few of them are into the extravagant films here and there. One of them mentioned the movie Zerophilia about people that switch genders when they have sex with another zerophiliac. Interesting.

I won't ruin the movie, but one of the characters is a zerophiliac who switches genders whenever he/she has sex...which includes with oneself. The first time it happens, the person is very awkward, but soon grows into this other part of who they are. As love would have it, this zerophiliac meets another zerophiliac, hereupon known as zeros. Once a zero has sex with another zero, they can't switch genders when having sex unless it is with another zero. Interesting concept. Could you imagine switching genders each time you had sex? Would you develop different "personalities" each time you switched? Would you use a different name for each sex?

It would be awesome if this were possible...especially if MTF's and FTM's could simply have sex with one another to move into the physical gender they feel more aligned with. Obviously, though, this is simply a fantasy at this point. Sure, I read one story of a Chinese girl spontaneously becoming a boy, but, I dunno, that sounds very far fetched.

At the end of the movie, one zero tells the other that they need to have sex so she can get back to work as a he....which kinda defeats what I was hoping would be some type of moral to the story...but I guess not.

No comments: