Sunday, May 16, 2004

Can I get a hall pass?

On Friday, I left work a bit early to visit E again at Cocoon. I was only able to chat with her briefly, but we chatted about what to expect during her recovery. I also asked her about her transition. We were the first transsexuals she had ever met. She’s in high school right now, and living full time in stealth. She was able to do that by switching schools. She plans her SRS just a month or two before me…all of that before she even turns 18. Lucky girl. Nice parents, too.

This morning, I spent 3 hours getting my brakes changed. It was my first time to an auto shop since going full time. Although it took quite a while, I was actually treated pretty good. I also spent a few hours at work tonight to make up for skipping out a bit early on Friday.

Speaking of my car, I took the door apart and pulled out my broken door handle. I called the parts department at the dealership and they wanted nearly $100 for it. I found it online for about $40, but I still need to order it. Because there weren’t that many made over the years, it’s difficult finding them in the area junkyards. I also asked the parts guy about a sun visor clip and he quoted me $10 for a $0.20 piece of plastic. Insane. My zapper was able to put the broken handle back together, but it’s usually pretty hard to keep plastic together once it’s broken. I might try it for a while just to see how it does.

No comments: