Monday, June 21, 2004

I walk like a lesbian

Well, that’s what I was told, at least. I was at dinner with a lot of the usuals this past Friday evening with two special guests. Lisa and her friend were in from the Pacific Northwest and decided to have dinner with us. They both transitioned in their thirties, but in the late 80’s. You think it’s hard to transition now? You should have tried back then. Both of them went to Brussels for their SRS back when I was just entering college. How I wish I had transitioned so long ago, but the resources available now were not as readily available back then, and for those in the 60’s and 70’s, I just can’t imagine how hard it must have been. Anyway, it was nice to hear how two people were able to successfully transition and were now living their lives as two very sweet women.

During the dinner, I was sitting next to JoanB’s roommate, who just happens to be a lesbian. She was checking out one of the waitresses. They both pointed her out to me, and I found out that she likes them fairly butch. I asked her if anyone there at our table gave off a lesbian vibe. Now, she’s heard Claire on numerous occasions call me a lesbian, so she was quite fast in pointing to me. Doh! I told her that was an unfair assessment, and she just laughed. She said I did give off a very lesbian vibe though, and that I walked like a lesbian. When I asked her how lesbians walked, she said they just have a much more loose walk to them. I’ll check back after I have SRS. Perhaps my swagger will have changed by then.

No comments: