Monday, January 16, 2006

Ranting and Raving

I saw Pam last night. She’s visiting Barb for a little while as she recovers from FFS. During our conversation, we also talked about breasts.

While we were eating dinner, she also asked me why I don’t drink. I have been asked this a lot over my life, and frankly, I’ve grown tired of the question. l lied to her, and after the response of telling her that I was then lying to her, I felt really bad about such a lie. I shan't do it again. I’m sorry.

Unfortunately, I have seriously grown tired of the usual questions. Most of the questions revolve around my not conforming to the masses. Why don’t you drink? Why don’t you believe in God? Why aren’t you straight? Why do you run? And lately, the most annoying question has become ‘are you thru with all of your surgeries now?’

Frankly, it’s a wonder I haven’t started lying that much before now. So, here are the answers...please stop asking me, ok? I’m tired of dealing with them. I’m just me...deal with it.

I don’t drink because I don’t.

I don’t believe in God because I don’t.

(...although I do believe there may be some sort of afterlife that definitely does not incorporate some bearded guy guarding a pair of pearly white gates.)

I’m not straight because I’m not.

I run because I can.

I don’t know if I’m finished with surgeries because I don’t know.

I’m finished for a while (which really defeats the definition of ‘finished’) because I don’t have enough money to do anything right now. I’d like to have my nose revised, my chin/jaw slightly revised, the hardware removed from my chin, and my vagina slightly tweaked. It will all have to wait...or I will simply reach a point where I don’t care anymore.

Happy? Good...me too.

OK, thank you for allowing me to vent. Yes, I’m finished with the major surgeries...they’re finally done. The GID has become nothing more than a faint memory. It’s even weird thinking back that I had a penis less than a year ago, but I did. So, there are no major surgeries currently planned or even on the drawing board at this time. I’m hoping to visit the dermatologist once my tax refund is in my checking account, but that’s about it in terms of voluntary doctor visits.

No comments: