Thursday, February 01, 2007

Cotillion 2007

I stayed busy this past weekend. I spent Friday night at a friend's place just hanging out, then got up early Saturday morning to get my hair done. I had it flat-ironed and trimmed. I seriously wish it were straight all of the time, and will likely look into the Japanese hair straightening method again.

After that, I made my way to the same X-ray office that Dr. O uses for FFS. I had the same pictures taken, but this time for Dr. Meltzer. (More on that below) Sunny was her usual sunny self. I think she was curious why I was there, at first, but soon pointed out that I was a former Dr. O patient. I told her I recognized here from 3 years ago, but that she likely didn't recognize me. I pulled my old picture out of my purse and showed it to her. She said I looked slightly familiar.

I then ran home and chilled a while before getting ready for TGSF's Cotillion. I was to handle the emcee part of the Debutante Walk again this year. When I arrived, I saw Lenny Broberg, the co-host of the Cotillion. We joked about me wearing the same dress as Donna Sachet again this year, but we soon saw that she had on a different colored one from me. I went black this year, so it's kind of a boring color for many. Basically, though, it was the only dress I could find that fit AND looked decent. My trip into Bloomies and Macy's yielded poor results, so I settled on a size 12 from Cache. Yeah, a size 12. I knew their sizes ran small, but wow. I usually wear anywhere from a 6-10, but a 12 fitting snug....hmmm. Not only that, but I'm still down in weight this year after being sick and not working out that much.

I ran into a number of old friends, and a few new people I'd only corresponded with online. It's nice to catch up, but also to meet people that I've emailed with. After the intermission, I read the names of people attending their first Cotillion as they walked across the stage. When the first guy popped into our little mix, I had to keep him up on stage for a little bit. Lenny fed me a couple lines to use, as well, so it was played up quite nicely.

After finally making it home Saturday night, I got up early the next morning to go into work for a short time before flying out to Phoenix. I had a consult with Dr. Meltzer Monday afternoon concerning jaw work and a lower facelift. Some will say I don't need it, but the extra skin around my chin and neck is not going away...and will only get worse with time. I've been told facelifts are easier to recover from and provide better results when done fairly young. I'm also interested in refining the right side of my jaw. Dr. Meltzer and I looked over the X-rays and there is definitely something going on in the one area I am concerned about. It almost looks like the bone hasn't quite fused back together on one side. (I have a little notch/bump that is especially sore with electro in that area of the notch.)

Anyway, he's supposed to send me a quote for the facelift/bonework/removal of the chin gear. I'd like to have the screws and plates removed, just for my own satisfaction...plus I think it might be causing some of the soreness with the notch area.

I flew home Monday night. I'm still swamped at work, so catching up hasn't been fun, especially since I was in training 3 days last week. I fly out tomorrow for New York and the Transfigurations art show. There is supposed to be a panel on Saturday that a few of us are participating in, but I also hope to say hey to a number of friends in the New York area.

5 comments:

Jessica Lyn said...

Wow, you look great! Can't wait until I start HRT and hopefully someday look as good as you do.

I'm just out side of Phoenix. I know we've only emailed a few times, but I would have loved to meet you in person. But maybe next time. I hope you get the results you're looking for... Good luck!

And yes, I know I still have to get to writing in my own blog instead of just commenting on yours (and kind of flirting with Rich)... it's been over 2 months since I posted last and I just start the damn thing too.

Hi, Rich!

Rich said...

Kara - in a word "stunning"! :)
Enjoy NYC!

Jessica - yeah...I sensed the 'flirt action' going on.
But afterall, flirting is fun! :)

Jessica Lyn said...

- Rich
You just seem like a nicem open minded, down to earth person and I like that. Too bad I'm not a complete woman yet... but maybe someday I'll let you treat me like one! So how come you don't have a blog of your own yet?

- Kara
I'm curious to know how it goes with Dr. Meltzer as well, being that I'm in AZ, he'll probably end up being my goto guy.

Anonymous said...

Kara did you see the Ugly Bettty show last night on 2-8-07 if so what opion on Alex the transgender son of the magazine owner played buy Rebecca Romain, If not whatch the show on ABC dot com ,please commit.

Anonymous said...

Going on that picture and being honest in an animal instinctive like way I'd bone you instantly if even slightly offered; I'm purely a 100% hetrosexual red blooded man and can't resist visually attractive women and I'd love a harem of them wanting to give me babies, where I'd give the lucky pretty winner some of my precious time.
There is not one tiny masculine thing about your stature or looks on that photo, so, I guess in some uneducated hetrosexual mens eyes, sadly, they will instinctively only see you as an object. So beware of any man who wants to selfishly use you for your petite little body (I now what its like with women only seeing me as an object). However a 2d picture can be misleading, so have you got any motion videos of yourself for some other peoples wicked selfish pleasure?

:)