Sunday, February 18, 2007

A year of boobies

Actually, it's been a little over a year. They've softened up quite a bit and dropped nicely into place. They could actually drop a little more to look a little better, but they're doing quite well.

A few months ago, one of my teammates commented that he could tell women with fake boobs, and he didn't believe me when I told him I had mine done. He wanted to see. (Hahaha...guys!) I felt it was a compliment that he didn't know I had a breast augmentation.

Anyway, as I mentioned, they have fallen nicely into place. They still aren't as soft as I would like, but the shape and placement are pretty good. My left incision area is pretty much only noticeable to me. My right one is a little more noticeable, but most people still would not be able to detect it unless I pointed it out to them.

I still have a little numbness with my right breast...in a circular area below my nipple..that just barely touches the nipple area. It's not full numbness, but there is limited sensation there. I would say the area is slighly larger than a half-dollar.

Overall, I'd give the whole thing an A-, simply for the issue of the numbness. Although I did have to buy all new dresses for those special occasions, my clothes fit a lot better now...and I feel a lot more comfortable with my body.

On another note, I recently heard a rumor that Dr. Gray was no longer performing BA's on transgender patients. When I chatted with him in my initial consult, he seemed fairly ok with working with transgender people. He said he'd been working with us since his residency days and I didn't sense any real issues. One of his office staff is obviously gay, so I wondered what was going on. I sent Dr. Gray an email and his office staff responded. Dr. Gray isn't operating on trangender people because the hospital he operates in is no longer accepting transgender patients. It's a Catholic hospital, so they seem to have a big issue with it. I've heard rumors that certain actions are being taken, so we'll have to wait to see. It'd be nice if Dr. Gray would simply move his operations to a different hospital, but I'm not sure how likely that action is. Anyway, if anyone is considering Dr. Gray as a potential option, you might want to either reconsider, or look into the actions being taken against Seton Medical Center.

I've included below the mission statement listed on their opening page:

Seton Medical Center has provided medical care to the people of San Francisco and Northern San Mateo County for over a century. Our history is testimony of our service in providing care and a compassionate environment for the sick, the poor and the underserved.


It seems very hypocritical to me.

No comments: