Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Voices from the Past

It had been over a year since I heard from her.

"Guess who is here with me?"

I could only think of one person who would prompt her to ask such a question.

"Claire?"

"Yup, she's up here for a few days."

Claire was our social butterfly while she lived her in San Francisco. She was the backbone of our group of GPers that got together fairly regularly.

Most of us went full time, then Claire moved to Southern California. I won't say we lost touch with one another, but we all started to settle back into life. While she was here, though, she managed to get all of us back together again. It was nice seeing everyone again...all together.

With a new friend also about to go through FFS, she was able to join us for dinner and see four faces changed by Dr. O. I think it eased her mind being able to see how we all slipped back into life.

A month or two ago, someone prodded me about Amber’s site. Supposedly it was down. After spotting Amber online around that time, I sent her an IM. It appeared Sianna ran into financial strain hosting hers, anothers, and Amber’s site. Amber said her’s would likely stay off line, but also mentioned that it might return in the future even bigger and brighter than the past.

I have to admit, I haven’t touched my site in over a year...which is quite obvious since the last update was around February 2006. I should update it a little so it’s a little more current. I’ve thought about switching it away from AOL to it’s own URL, but we’ll see...too much other stuff to do.

After running into Amber, she said she had her's up and running again, and was in the process of revamping it again. So, her link is now updated at www.amberspace.net. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back Kara, and that the rumors of your demise were grossly exaggerated. ;)

Lauren-- Dallas

Jessica Lyn said...

Yes, glad to hear from you again. I try to read your posts often. Of course I should just bother posting to my own blog some day. lol

Kara, if you need any help with your site, I'm a developer and I'd be glad to help you.