Monday, September 17, 2007

I wish

I wish I had a smaller waist. I wish I had wider hips. I wish I could just shift the two around.

I wish I had started all of this sooner. But if we’re making wishes, I wish I didn’t have to go through it.

I wish energy in equaled energy out. I wish more people could see it that way. I wish we weren’t so reliant on cars.

I wish I could gain the insight into what I have seen without having gone through it. I wish everyone could…the world would be a better place.

I wish I could have kids. I wish they didn’t have to be babies first.

I wish my mom could get through this cancer.

I wish I was slightly taller.

I wish I had my own business. I wish I knew how to run a small business. I wish I knew what type of business it was that I would want to have. I wish I knew what my passion was.

I wish everyone was beautiful. I wish inner beauty was a lot easier to see.

I wish my hair didn’t have to take after my sexuality.

I wish people weren’t so freaked out by transsexuals, especially in romantic situations.

I wish all gay Republicans would get it over with and just come out. (Why is it male Republicans seem to cheat on their wives with men, but Democrats cheat on their wives with women?)

I wish vegetables tasted a lot better.

I wish we knew the answers to questions we will never know the answers to.

I wish the Packers win the Super Bowl this year. I wish people would stop reminding me how old Brett Favre is.

I wish I could sing….well. I wish I could dance…well. I wish I knew how to read music. I wish I could play an instrument.

I wish men were allowed to cry more. I wish women were allowed to be tougher. I wish my muscles weren’t so big.

I wish I felt more confident to date.

I wish I had a deeper vagina. I wish I had more sensation where it matters instead of where it doesn’t. I wish I wasn’t the only one that knew where to touch.

I wish wishes were more than wishes. I wish surgery didn’t cost so much.

I wish the weekend was longer. I wish the work week was shorter. I wish I could work less and get paid the same.

I wish I could read minds when I wanted to.

I wish life wasn’t so short. I wish we all had a mulligan.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so cool, pretty much summed every thing up.
Alexander Dumas wrote "Live, then, and be happy, and never forget,until the day when God will deign to reveal the futre of man, all human wisdom is contained in these to words, "Wait and hope".

Unknown said...

Kara,

I wish you peace.

The secret to a happy life taught Buddha, is to want what you have and not what you don't have.

Second Noble Truth: All suffering without exception, comes from desires attachment.

Easier said then done

Lots of Love
RebeccaB

Anonymous said...

Seems like you got one of your wishes... You seem to be able to read minds :)

I'm glad you are posting again and I hope your mother pulls through this spot.

Eileen.

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful Kara. It also sounds like someone needs a hug *sends a big virtual hug* Your writings have given me such strength through my own transition, I wish I could repay the favor. Stay strong.

Zoe

Jessica Lyn said...

I agree with Zoe... you're posting have been great, helpful, and I always look forward to reading them. I wish I could repay you as well... I play guitar, perhaps someday I can teach you.

Anonymous said...

Wishes are awesome and even better when they come true! I wish that at least some of all our wishes come true!Ya know i've read your journals,changed my name from Jamie to kirsten and got my offical name change,it's Keri Rose Green and i wish it was easier to get a new job and be able to really live for the first time and i wish that your mom gets healthy again cause i'm sure she's an awesome lady! I'd like to talk to ya some time cause when i first read your journal it was one of the first to start me on my transition,i started late but i'm so happy!

Baileyville said...

What a great post. I wish a lot of the same things you do. I am glad to see you are posting a little more often. Hope all is well.

Bailey