Monday, September 24, 2007

Good News

My mom called this afternoon to tell me she is in remission, and that they will be pursuing the stem cell transplant in the near future. (If she wasn't in remission...there wasn't anything else they said they could do.) She has a third round of chemo this week, recovers from it, and then they start booking her time for the next procedure. From the looks of it, our family could all be on the road for Thanksgiving while my mom goes through the procedure.

The good news definitely helped brighten my day...especially since we've all been waiting to hear the "make or break" call on the status of her cancer.

4 comments:

Becca said...

Im so glad to hear this. I've been following this and could tell how stressful it has been for you. I'm sure this holiday season will be a special one for all of you.
DenverBecca :)

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

great news, Kara! you must feel very relieved.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for your mother Kara. What a sigh of relief that must've been. Now drop the weight of the world from your shoulders young Atlas and take a break.
Zoe

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your mom is in remission,it should make for a very Merry Christmas!It's nice to know that wishes can come true,both of ours did :)