Monday, October 15, 2007

I'm not a transsexual....

...I like to think of myself as more of a transcuddlist.

Sex is so overrated...well, at least to me it is. Sure, sex is nice, but lying there in someone's arms, or them in yours...it's like one of those priceless commercials.

I think putting the sex in transSEXual, though, is one of those things that adds to the stereotype of transsexualism. I've seen prior mention of trying to use transgender instead of transsexual, but the term transgender was soon grabbed by the community as a whole. Now, there really isn't anything left to use. (It's still interesting that the intersex community moved away from hermaphrodite to intersex.)

Anyway, yes, I'm still a transsexual...I just like to cuddle more than have sex. :)

2 comments:

Jessica Lyn said...

I'd have to agree with you on this one... I too like to cuddle. However, I have yet to have sex as a woman so I couldn't tell you how much I'm going to like it... but I'm sure I will like it alot. But again, I think I'd take cuddling up with someone over sex anytime.

alice said...

It's kind of depressing that we have this adolescent mentality where we hear the word "sex" and instantly think of sexual activity. Then again I'm pretty much at a loss as to what to call myself (especially these days) and I do fear the -sex- in Transsexual as much as you do.