Monday, October 08, 2007

Wow

Well, yesterday I came out to the woman I am seeing. We met up for brunch and then hung out at Fleet Week watching the air shows. She had surgery on her ankle a few weeks ago, so she's still using crutches, and thus, not able to get around that well, so we found a spot and just kinda watched things...and chatted. The area was kinda crowded, though, so I waited.

As I was driving her back to her car, I came out to her.

"Wow. Really?"

Yeah.

Silence.

"Wow."

Her eyes sparkled. Her jaw slightly dropped. Her response indicated that she had no idea.

I told her that, although there was an age difference, I liked her a lot and would like to see where things go. I also told her that because we were growing closer, I wanted her to know about my situation...that I wanted to be honest with things. (Of course, not telling her does not necessarily indicate I was being dishonest.)

She seemed to take it OK and we chatted for a little longer. I told her if she ever had any questions, she should just ask me. I don't think she's a lesbian, but I do believe she prefers women...which could kinda be in my favor.

So, I helped her out of the car and got her on her crutches before each of us went our separate ways. We'll see how the whole thing pans out this week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending good thoughts your way :)

PS. Happy Halloween.

Eileen.

Jessica Lyn said...

Wow indeed... there is no way anyone can tell you used to have a guys body just by the way you look now... which is amazingly beautiful BTW.

I hope it works out with her.

Have a Happy Halloween!!

Unknown said...

I'm rooting for you!

Rebecca B