Monday, March 10, 2008

This buds for you

In October 2002, about a month after I started hormones, I started to feel small little buds in my breasts. They grew to about the size of a golf ball before finally softening into my very small breasts. They didn't grow much after about a year of hormones. In February 2005, I had SRS and hoped that the breast development would pick up again since the body no longer had to worry about testosterone. It didn't, so I bought a new pair of boobs in December 2005. I figured 3 years was long enough to wait to see if any significant development was going to happen.

It's now been over 5 years of hormones, and believe it or not, breast buds have popped up again. They started to grow about 2 months ago. I wasn't sure they were buds at first, or just sensitivity from the small amount of scar tissue. Dr. Gray goes in through the nipple to place the breast implants, so I just figured it was the scar tissue I was feeling at first, but over the past few weeks I've seen the buds grow larger...up to about the size of gumballs in both breasts. It's strange to get them again after over 5 years of hormones, but I guess that is what happens with development...it comes in stages. Also, I'm athletic, and from reading online, being active can possibly slow puberty, or in my case, my second puberty. I figure my age also plays a factor since my metabolism isn't what it used to be.

The breast buds are nice to see, I just hope they don't go bananas and give me a D combined with the implants. I'm hoping they mainly help the development of my undersized nipples, but hey, I'll be happy to get what I can.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I've been through several growth spurts during my 4 years on estrogen and each time it catches me off guard. This may seem silly or worse, but as a guy, I simply adored breasts and now that I have them, however small they might be, they just don't have the same appeal. They're just there and the only time I really notice them is if I decide not to wear a bra. My how life has changed in 4 short years.

Anonymous said...

The common wisdom simple models of breast development in transwomen are almost always incomplete and at least a little misleading.

Many factors influence breast development besides estrogens and progesterones. For example, other medications can trigger growth spurts. Also, the level of Human Growth Hormone can influence development. Intense athletic training may facilitate structural development by boosting HGH level.

Be aware breast size and breast develoment aren't the same thing. Size is only one aspect. The structure of the nipple and internal breast tissue determine actual breast development, not size. You can have small breasts that are fully developed or large breasts that my not become larger but yet aren't fully developed. (Look up the Tanner Scale for breast development.)

HGH level generally drops significantly in the late teens. If you start hormones after the late teens, or early twenties at the latest, breasts won't develop beyond Tanner IV. (There is anecdotal evidence evidence a later large rise in HGH level can allow the completion of development from Tanner IV to Tanner V.)

Contrary to "the Common Wisdom", there is some evidence testosterone level doesn't necessarily suppress breast development. In some cases it may increase breast development - possibly by interference with with the sex hormone binding complex that frees additional estrogen and progesterone.