Thursday, March 27, 2008

Mr. Mom

Donna mentioned it a while back, and I have seen a variety of reports on TV and in print lately which mention the current pregnancy of Thomas Beattie. Yes, he's pregnant. There has been such a big deal made lately, but, in fact, he isn't the first. Around the turn of the century, an FTM named Matt had a child named Blake, both of which are in the Transfigurations series. If you look through the Transfiguration series here, you can read Matt's words concerning the issue of him being pregnant.

From what I remember of the situation (and reading over that older article) and the rumors that floated around for years after, the ones that had the biggest issue with Matt being pregnant were a number of FTM's that disagreed with a man having a baby. I guess you could sorta compare these biased FTM's to the MTF's that say women can't wear pants.

I wear pants...and cargo pants...and whatever I really want to wear, so if an FTM wants to become preggers, awesome for him. The same goes for MTF's who want to have kids. I have boys in the bank just in case I meet the right woman (or man, for that matter) that wants to have kids with me. And, yes, that includes an FTM. Wouldn't that be wild...a post-op MTF donating sperm to an FTM that carries the child. Mom would be dad, and dad would be mom....or, well, whatever. The main thing is for a child to have loving parents...that's all we can really ask for.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Kara, Glad to see another well written post from you. I LOVE reading your blogs - gives me hope to live a "normal" life one day as who I want to be. Thanks!!