Friday, March 06, 2009

Wondercon and Coronation

This past week has been a complete blur.

Last Thursday, Donna Rose popped into town, and I talked her into attending the TGSF monthly social. It was really nice having her stop in there, as many had never met her, and yet, they knew her from all the ENDA and HRC stuff.

On Friday, I was off to Wondercon with a friend to see the Wonder Woman animated movie that turned out fairly well. Both of us were back up there on Saturday for more of the show. I caught all three Saturday seminars that I was hoping to see.

For the Queer Women in Comix, I hit them with the question "What are the differences in humor between males and females?" They said they briefly discussed asking that question before the seminar, but they said it would either be impossible to answer that topic in the allotted time, or they were stumped.

My friend and I also walked around to the different booths in artist alley, the autograph area, and throughout all the comic vendors. I was hoping to get autographs from 3-4 of the actors that were my favorites in past sci-fi shows, but only 2 of them were around. I asked about the other two, but one supposedly had a reservation issue with his flight, and the other broke her wrist just days before the event. Total bummer.

I ran off to Coronation Saturday evening and spent about 6 hours watching flocks of drag queens promenade through the crowds around the facility. I was just amazed at many of the outfits that were worn, both on and off stage. And the hair pieces and tiara's....wow!!!!

I'm actually going to admit that I was attracted to one or two drag queens. One might have been T, but the other had this nice toned down look to her. Yes, I was checking out some drag queens. Get over it!!!!! =)

On Sunday, my friend and I were back at Wondercon for a few more hours. We caught the hot girls of the Sarah Connor Chronicles, then I headed home to relax a few hours before starting all of the work that has ambushed my extra time this week....which I shall discuss in another post.

I loved the whole ambiance of Wondercon, though, and wish we had a show here in San Francisco called Geek Fest or something. It would be awesome just to have a week or weekend of all geek stuff. I mentioned this at work, and a few coworkers said it would be impossible, as it would be an overload of too much stuff to do. Perhaps they're right. I'm just sad I have to wait another year for the next one.

No comments: