Friday, July 24, 2009

Google hates transsexuals

Earlier this week, my blog disappeared for about a day. Google (which owns Blogger) determined that my blog was a spam blog and pulled it from the web.

This is the second time this has happened, and to be honest, I'd prefer that it not happen again. It would be nice if they would tell me how their bots determined I was a spam blog so that I could rectify the situation instead of just having me tell them that I am a real person.

Sigh.

I have some free time coming up...I'll probably end up finally putting the remainder of my old site up here. While I'm at it, I'll probably look over the entries and see which links are good and which ones aren't. (I feel like Santa.)

I have a number of tech savvy friends...I should ask them why Google is giving me such a hard time.

3 comments:

Jessica Lyn said...

I noticed when your blog was gone.. I thought maybe you pulled it down without telling us. But I was pretty sure you'd never do that.

Anyway, since your blog doesnt contain links pointing to one site or another trying to sell crap and neither do the comments, I would say that most likely it was marked as spam by real people (probably T haters) flagging it as such.

I am a web developer and I cant see any reason why a bot would flag it at all. You might want to add the word verification thing to this comments section tho, which will stop scripts from submitting comments. Just a thought.

Take care.

Anonymous said...

I though you decided to switch names, or took a break from blogging. Good thing that's not the case.

Kara said...

Nope, same name, same blog...well, sorta. My old blog at AOL was taken down when AOL decided to remove that service. I still have to input a lot of those old entries here.