Thursday, November 05, 2009

Transgender Law Center Celebrates #7

Happy Birthday Transgender Law Center!!!!

Actually, this turned out to be a pretty big event tonight. They had both Margaret Cho and Chaz Bono scheduled to attend. I went mainly to see Chaz. Of course, at $100 for the regular ticket and $150 for the VIP spot, I went for the lower of the two.

They honored a number of people and groups, including my friends Cecilia Chung and James Green, both very honorable and deserving people. They also had some decent entertainment and a little food in the back, but, again, I was hoping to meet Chaz.

Fortunately, Chaz hung out in the garden area and was easily accessible, especially with a few of my friends chatting with him. Ally came to my rescue by introducing me. We shook hands and casually conversed.

I usually omit the obvious questions that have been asked a gazillion times or which might be sensitive.

"Fantastic event, huh?

"It's awesome that you were able to attend."

Someone else had asked questions about his transition, so I caught some of his tale and participated in some of the conversations as they went along.

Since it was a bit chilly outside and I was wearing a sleeveless little black dress, I started to shiver. I looked away for a moment, and when I looked back, Chaz was offering me his jacket. He'd noticed I was cold and offered a little something to keep me warm. Awwww...how nice.

I took it, of course. Do you know how much that will go for on Ebay? Just kidding. I gave it back a little bit later, once I was feeling pretty warm and ready to head inside.

I thought he was a really classy guy, though, and a true gentleman! Thanks Chaz!

No comments: