Thursday, January 08, 2009

Putting the T in Reality TV

There is another transsexual woman appearing on reality TV, following Isis on this past season of America's Next Top Model. Now we have Katelyn, a post-op twenty-something living in Brooklyn on MTV's Real World. Links here and here.

And while I am extremely jealous of her gorgeous hair, doesn't she know there is an embargo on all transsexuals picking the name Kate? Sheesh!!! (Muahahaha)

She's from Missoula, Montana, a place I have visited for a weekend, and lives in Florida, so I figure she's seen her share of responses from the left and right.

She's also a bisexual computer geek, which seems to represent a vast majority of transgender women I see nowadays.

From all of the airtime T's are getting, it seems like transsexuals are the hot topic now...that, or they are running out of interesting people to put on reality TV.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

She's very pretty and I hope she hold her own. I'll probably peek in from time to time, just out of curiosity, but I pretty much stopped watching MTV when they quit playing actual music.