Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Post Op Day 7

The half of a pain pill that I took before bed worked OK, but not great.  I was able to get to sleep, but nothing like the warm feeling that came over me.  I woke up at 2am and dilated on the couch, washed up, then popped a full pain pill.  I felt a little warmth kick in as I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up around 7am and dilated again.  Fun stuff.

My wife slept in until 10am.  She's a sleeper.  The good thing, though, is that I get a little me-time to write or read while she is asleep.

Between the dilations, I've basically just gone for three walks today.  We haven't really done much since I'm still incapacitated from both the surgery and the timing of the dilations.

A representative from the Greenbaum Surgery Center called this morning to check in.  I told them I was doing well and that the nurses that cared for me there were fantastic.

According to Kaiser, we could have flown home today.  We decided to stay an extra day on our own dime just to be sure.  In this case of many unknowns, I feel it's better to be safe than sorry.

I'll dilate late tonight, take my pain pill, and hopefully drift off to sleep.

We fly out tomorrow.

No comments: