Sunday, June 12, 2016

2 Months Post-Op Vaginal Deepening

It's been two months since I had the vaginal deepening procedure with Dr. Meltzer.  I've been dilating twice a day with #3 for almost a month to the same depth I had right after surgery.  That's good.

I typically lube up the end of the dilator and then any excess is used to pre-lube my vagina.  I waited about a month after surgery before I started doing this, just in case things inside hadn't fully healed.  Now, though, when I do this, I can feel the scar along both sides.  Dr. Meltzer said he would open things up along each side, and he was right.

It feels a little rough...sorta like the surface of the tongue.

I'm still trying to get the graft site fully healed.  I have about a 5mm portion in the middle of the incision that is still "open" and trying to heal.  Dr. Meltzer's office has had me put this other antibiotic cream on it besides Bacitracin.  It started out at around 40mm of an "open" area in the middle, so it's come a long way.  I'm just hoping I can get this last little portion closed up and then start working on the scar.

My mid-section above the graft site is still numb.  Some feeling has returned, but not much.  It also still seems a bit swollen in the same area that is numb.  I assume that part of the skin was lifted off and then sutured back down in order to account for the missing skin.

I was ready to start exercising just 3 weeks after surgery, but my wife said "no...not until the mid-area was healed."  I was itching to get back out for a run, though, so I went for a run this past Tuesday...almost 2 months after surgery.  When I started out, my mid-section felt tight and it felt like I ran with a slight forward lean for a while.

Wow, though, I was super sore right after the run.  I also ran about a minute slower on my 2-mile route, which seems pretty good considering the gap in working out and the moderate surgery I recovered from.

I also went for a run Friday night.  It was a little faster and I wasn't as sore right after.  My calves were tight, though, so they deserved a little extra stretching.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just checked in on your site and found a rescue team update you made to your 2016 enteries for June after you stopped writing your blog in April 2016.
Cheers and take care,
G

Kara said...

I have a few drafts written up, but just hadn't/haven't posted them...not enough free time. I've also been working on reposting 2004/5/6 stuff from the old AOL site that I never got around to moving over.
Kara