Saturday, December 20, 2003

Ulterior motives

This past Thursday was packed. I had a 5 minute blurb in our large presentation for the FDA stuff. Afterward, the project lead said my little talk was “memorable.” I’m not quite sure what that meant, but hopefully it was satisfactory. Another guy yesterday was talking to me about some of the details involved with the new project and the presentation, and I tell him I’m just an engineer. He complimented me by saying, “that was a pretty good presentation by just an engineer.” I hope he was being nice. OK, yeah, I put myself down sometimes, simply because I haven’t been on the presenting side of things much in the past. I’ve definitely gained confidence since coming out to myself and partaking in this journey over the past few years, but does it show in my presentations???....who knows.

After work, I was off to the city to attend the Winter T-Party held at the LGBT Center. It was basically a variety show consisting of transgender acts. I arrived a little late since it takes a little while to get into the city with all of the traffic, especially the holiday traffic. I grabbed some pasta then found a table with some friends. I put the plate on the table, sat down, then swung my legs around while all of the time looking up at the stage. As I did that, I felt this warm sensation suddenly come over my lap area. “Oh man...I did not just do that!!!” ran through my head, and yep, as I looked down, there was a pile of pasta and salad just sitting in my lap.

Fuck!!!

Oh well. I cleaned it up, patted myself dry as best as possible, then put together another plate of food. Luckily, I was wearing jeans with a slightly funky dark pattern to them, so it was rather hard to tell I had spilled anything there. I did notice the smell of tomato sauce emanating from my jeans for the rest of the night, though.

During the show, I would turn back occasionally just to see who was in the crowd. One time as I turned I caught just a general face in the crowd and automatically I knew she was a Dr. O grad. After further inspection, I realized she was Joan Roughgarden who is a professor at Stanford. JoAnne introduced me after I asked if that was her. Joan said hi after my introduction, but that was about all I got out of her. I think she was busy with other things.

The show went well, then I was off to the TGSF end of month social to make a public appearance as one of the contestants in the upcoming Cotillion. After that, I made it over to see Claire without any bandages. Wow!!! She’s looking great. After only 10 days she just had a little discoloration you could see in the eyelid and the swelling in the jaw. She didn’t like one little spot where her nose meets her forehead, but otherwise she really looks incredible. I am so ready to do this now!

After that, I cruised home only to get up at the crack of dawn again yesterday. It was a fairly light Friday though. I picked up the usual dinner from Brandon, did the usual electrolysis, then went over to Brooke’s to stay the night. I didn’t feel as whacked out as I usually do on the pain killers and felt really alert on my way over to her place. She even noticed it when I showed up. I woke up this morning, though, with a headache similar to the ones I used to get after taking pain meds for my wisdom teeth surgeries.

After the usual electrolysis and TGSF stuff this morning, followed by some Chinese food with Brooke and my electro, I dragged Brooke over to the mall with me so I could get some shopping done with both of us in boy mode. I bought some clothes for my nephew since his grandma and grandpa are already buying him way too many toys for Christmas. I talked Brooke into walking around a little as I had an ulterior motive for her. Her boobs are starting to point out, but she hasn’t started wearing a bra yet...just to kinda prevent them from being all pointy. I dragged her into Victoria’s Secret, but we couldn’t find the ones I was talking about.

As we were looking around, one of the sales associates comes up to us and says, “Hey guys, would you like to try one of our colognes? It’s called Very Sexy for Him.” We both responded with, “No thanks” at almost the same time. We then turned to one another and laughed at the situation.

We made it to Gap Body, though, which did have some of the bras. I think I embarrassed her too much though, and the lines were way too long, so she wrapped it up by saying, “I know where they are now” which I interpreted as, “OK, Kara...stop bugging me...I’ll get one when I’m ready.”

We also did a little browsing in Macy’s looking for a gown for me to wear in the Cotillion. Hopefully I can find some decent priced gowns after Christmas and New Year's, but still put things together before the next Cotillion meeting.

Aacckkk! My mouse stopped responding to movement tonight, which it has done a few times in the past. I have an IR Mac Mouse which is pretty cool since it doesn’t collect dust like the roller ball ones do. It appeared that the wire leading into the mouse has been bent or something a few too many times. So, since it wasn’t working in the first place, I decided to take it apart and try to fix it myself. After prying some of it apart, cutting a few pieces, sawing through one section, reconnecting a few internal wires, and taping it back together again, I now have a mouse that works. It just happens to half look like it went through it’s own FFS, and half look like one of those Christmas glass scenes that you shake up and it looks like snow is falling. Who knows how long it will last like this, but hey, I was able to fix it.

No comments: