Sunday, December 07, 2003

Weed whacking

I had 4 hours of electro last night, taking out most of the weeds in my goatee area. The only ones left there are just beneath my bottom lip. Yep, over 225 hours, and we’re still not clearing my face in 4 hours. Whew...I have such a long way to go it feels like. Actually, I think the goatee area is the densest area of facial hair, because the rest of the face is thinning out quite nicely. Next week we’ll probably whack out the bottom lip hairs, then move to the rest of the areas. I have 10 more hours scheduled for this month on top of the 4 hours I have already had, plus at least 16 hours scheduled for January. I can have electrolysis up to two weeks before FFS, which means I have to stop right around the beginning of February. I’d really like to get an additional 10 hours in sometime before then, but I don’t know if she’ll be able to arrange time or not.

Speaking of FFS, Claire is headed under the knife this coming AM. I’ll be up in the neighborhood tomorrow night, and will swing by the hospital to check up on her. Claire is the first person I have known before FFS who I will see after as well.


Put your left foot in, put your left foot out.

Tonight, I was down at a contestant meeting for the Cotillion. We worked with Denae Doyle on feminine stance, poise, gestures, and walk. Actually, these were mainly pageant concerns, since she even admitted that gestures for a pageant are over the top. Anyway, the walking stuff is great, and although walking in heels makes it easier to walk like a woman, walking with pageant presence helps a lot when knowing the little secrets. Although I can’t quite fully describe it in words, I’ll provide a basic description of the pageant pose. Face forward, turn left foot 45 degrees left, lift right foot up so all of your weight is back on the left foot and slide it so that your right heel is pointed at the middle of your left foot, angle your right foot about 10-20 degrees off your left foot, bring your right knee in toward your left leg, but rotate the knee in about 20 degrees while doing so, then twist your upper body about as far to the right as you can while keeping your shoulders back, boobs out, and arms/hands down at your side in a relaxed position. Head up...and smile, smile, smile. I learned most of that in the play I performed in back in May, which kinda helps since I’ve done some of this before. She definitely helped with the walking and turning part, as well as the presentation right in front of the judges. Now it’s just practice, practice, practice.

Brooke and I caught some Korean BBQ after the regular TGSF board member meeting. Brooke is still able to eat a ton and not gain weight, and her development is moving along incredibly. I’m impressed. I’d hate to have seen what she could have done if she was like 23 instead of 33. I called Claire to let her know she might have met her match when it came to Korean BBQ, but I mainly called her to let her know everything would be OK. She’s taken a few Valium today....and doing a little floating in the clouds....so hopefully she’ll get a little sleep tonight before her surgery tomorrow morning.

No comments: