Saturday, August 14, 2004

Luminescence

I was out to dinner with Amber and Susan last night. Amber’s recovery is coming along pretty nicely, and she’s been back to her normal happy-cheerful self lately…like she ever wasn’t, huh?

It’s kinda weird, in the few times we’ve hung out since she got back, I kinda see her in this new light now. I’m not sure what exactly it is, but it’s this sort of glow…shine…vibe – something. It’s probably just me, but she does seem different. She’s…..herself now. She’s still the same person, but the GID seems lifted, as though it was never there to begin with. I’m happy for her. I hope I have the same sort of experience in finding me.

Sometimes, I find this journey just totally mind blowing. I think about SRS and the future life that opens up after it – and yet, I’m also slightly scared of the whole surgery. It is that last step – basically no turning back. And yet, I welcome it with open arms. I’m ready. Yeah, maintenance aside, I think and hope that I’ll be one helluva happy person.

No comments: