Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Dubyacans

I went into the 2000 election thinking that Gore had a good chance since everyone would see that Dubya was a bonehead and he was just riding the coattails of his father. I was wrong. This year, I kinda knew going in that Dubya would win, I just hoped I was wrong. I wasn’t. After rereading last night’s entry, I guess I’m just a sore loser.

Coworker Mark, though, was able to provide some lighthearted humor today. Yeah, Mark’s not that bad a person. We often chat about a variety of things...football, politics, reality TV, transition, etc. Today, was of course, politics.

It’s nice living in California and working in a technical industry. Most of the people I work with are liberals to some degree, and only a few here and there are Republicans. It’s far different from all of the other places I have ever lived where I was always in the minority.

So, Mark and L were discussing yesterday’s election when I perk up with “Hey, did you see that more women voted for Kerry over Bush?

“All women should vote for Kerry!” Mark exclaims. “If you’re a woman or a minority, you should vote Democratic because Republicans are the ‘white man party’.”

After a little more discussion, Mark tells us that his oldest daughter, who must just be in like 1st grade, had a mock election at school. He said his daughter said she voted for the Democrats, just like her Mommy (and Daddy, although she emphasized the Mommy part a lot more), who won 15-3 in her class. She then turned to her father and asked, “What’s a Republican?”

Mark, in his usual wit, responds with, “Well, you see, Honey, there are some people who (just aren't that smart).”

No comments: