Monday, November 08, 2004

Ten minutes, five for fighting

I don’t write in my journal about everything that’s happening in my life. Some of it shall remain private...for me, and for others. I do try to write about personal experiences, though, and try to keep it as close to the truth as possible. Sometimes sarcasm may intermingle with the words I compose, causing the message to become a little foggy. For that, I’m sorry. It’s just my writing style. Hopefully the message shines through. For those that just see the fog, understand that I do not mean any serious discourse to anyone. I may complain or rant, but a lot of it is just frustration over a lack of support from a system that says one thing but practices another.

Anyway, today, I made travel arrangements for Thanksgiving. Let’s just say that even the airline webpage was giving me trouble. Most people will be happy to see me, but others....well, we’ll see. I’ll just hope for the best.

So, my mind wandered a bit today, slightly stressed about traveling home to see some of the family. After returning to my desk from a meeting, I looked at my phone. “1 message” was in the window. It read:

“Hi. Five For Fighting is going to be playing in just ten minutes. Call me.”

It was from Amber. She’s in Boston visiting a friend the past few days. She also left a voice message: “yo yo yo, Kara, hey, when you get this message give me a call...quick. Umm...I’m over here in a particular Borders and you’ll never guess who is actually right here playing. Five for Fighting..oddly enough...”

I call her back. No answer. I leave a message. A few moments later, my phone again tells me I have a text message. It reads:

“Hey. Sorry, I was talking to John...!”

OMG...I am so jealous. I call her back. In the background, I can hear someone on a microphone talking. Amber finally says, “Hey, I’ll call you back.” She does.

All I hear is a guy talking again. It’s John. I can tell he’s introducing Superman. I’m stoked. He begins to sing. Even though I heard it over a cellphone, I will say it was still very cool. Thanks Ambs!!! You made my day. Hopefully I’ll get the whole story from her sometime.

No comments: