Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Happy Birthday...of sorts

One year ago today, at approximately this time, I no longer had a penis. They were likely wheeling me into recovery at this point, having been moved from the afternoon surgery to the morning surgery due to a medical requirement by the woman scheduled that morning. This past year has brought over 400 dilations, two more operations (one for the labiaplasty and one for the breast augmentation), a relationship that lasted almost 9 months, and sex for the first time as a woman.

I found a letter from Dr. Meltzer's office in my mail last night. It was a card wishing me a happy anniversary. It was a nice thought.

It's kinda funny...this is the first time in quite a while that I haven't had surgery the week of President's Day. It always worked well for me since it gave me that one extra day off from work to deal with stuff before surgery. Two years ago it was FFS with Dr. O, and last year, SRS with Dr. Meltzer in the wonderful weather of Phoenix. Ironically enough, two of my friends are having surgery today somewhere around the globe.

With breast augementation in December, I still held on to my string of having surgery within three days of a holiday:

FFS - 2 days after President's Day
Hairline Revision - 1 day after Veteren's Day
SRS - 1 day after President's Day
Labiaplasty - 2 days after Independence Day
Breast Augmentation - 3 days after Christmas, 3 days before New Years (1 holiday per boob)

So, I guess I should get my vagina a birthday gift. Hmmm...I have yet to purchase a vibrator. Look out, Good Vibrations, here I come.

No comments: