Friday, February 24, 2006

Third time is a charm

Before today, I'd only been hit on by men twice in person. Both of them had recently had some type of alcohol. (Just a note, but E and I basically met via the internet.)

On the plane ride this morning, it was open seating. I thought about sitting up front in one of the middle seats, but after asking the flight attendant how full the flight was, I decided to find a seat with a little more space in back. I took the first open window seat with only one other person in the row. The guy sitting in the row looked to be in decent shape and around my age. We struck up a conversation almost right away. Usually, that doesn't happen for me.

After chatting for a while about everything from breaking up with E to me liking the Green Bay Packers (he liked the icky 49ers) to me being an omnisexual (which wasn't as hard as I thought it would be to explain to him), he started hitting on me. Everytime he did, I kinda had this giggling laugh. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't laughing at him, but I felt flattered.

When we talked further about where we went to college and how old we were, he mentioned that we both grew up with the same cartoons. He was cute, and we had a lot in common. He hit on me a few more times as we were talking...mainly by complimenting my looks. As we conversed more, he said he'd noticed me before we even got on the plane. He saw me eating my scone this morning, and he said it was one of the most erotic things he ever saw. I had seen him sitting across the aisle, but I didn't notice anyone watching me eat my breakfast.

After we had talked a little more, including a few more instances of him hitting on me, I basically outed myself to him.

"You're a...ahh..transsexual?"

"Yeah."

"So...are you..uhhh..."

"Yup, all finished."

That brought on at least another 30 minutes of conversation about being T and everything else.

"So, like, I'm still attracted to you."

He wondered if that also made him an omnisexual. I told him that likely still made him straight.

Long story short, I gave him my number. We'll see if he calls.

3 comments:

Kara said...

Actually, he seemed like a pretty nice guy. He was military and mentioned that when one of his fellow officers came out as a lesbian, he was the only one that supported her. He said all of the guys went from 'whistling at her' to 'treating her like dirt' simply because they were no longer able to bang her. The male chauvinistic bandwagoning is typical of a lot of military men...it's only when you get them one on one do they actually get to express their own views. I think they're so used to following orders and not questioning things, that they tend to go along with the view that is expected from them.

He also gave me a hug after we deboarded the plane, and thanked me for "letting him in." He still hasn't called, but being in the military doesn't really allow him the freedom to date a transsexual if he values his military career at all.

Anonymous said...

You would be surpised at how diverse Soldiers really are when we are able to express our opinions as individuals and not members of the military. I tried to get out of the military in order to transition and but found that life was not worth living if I could not still be a Soldier. Only 10 years and 7 months until I retire from the military and transition.

Anonymous said...

You would be surpised at how diverse Soldiers really are when we are able to express our opinions as individuals and not members of the military. I tried to get out of the military in order to transition but found that life was not worth living if I could not still be a Soldier. Only 10 years and 7 months until I retire from the military and transition.