Monday, April 03, 2006

Longer days

I hate short weekends. Sure, it was only an hour shorter, but it still makes Monday that much harder. I could really use that extra hour, though, since life has been crazy the past few weeks. It has been nothing but work, class, homework, and athletics...with more emphasis on work.

At work, I've been dealing with a problem that's been affecting a few product lines...which has taken away my time for everything else. I'm supposed to be 75% dedicated to the development of a new project, but I've only been able to throw about 5% at it. I'm also supposed to be taking care of everything else with my position, and it's all getting backed up. I basically have the work load of 2 people right now, and I'm falling behind quite fast. I'm stressed. And since I have a new manager, I feel like I need to work extra hard to impress him in the hopes that he is able to look past the uncomfortableness he might feel in knowing my past.

Tonite, I needed my stress relief, so I went for a run. The nice thing about short weekends is that there is now more light to run in the evening. Unfortunately, that extra light leads to more people on my routes.

Lately, the excessive rain has led to me not running as much. Yeah, I love running in the rain, but not when it's cold AND rainy. For the month of March, San Francisco had 25 days of rain. It's already rained the first three days of April with little hope to dry out over the next ten. This winter has also seemed a lot cooler than the ones I've seen in the past. It sucks, and it's not helping my spirit out as well. I'm ready for spring...anytime it feels like showing up.

No comments: