Monday, April 17, 2006

The L word

Ya know, I love lesbians. It's not even the attraction, it's just nice to hang with women that I share some similarities with. Most of the women on my sports teams do not look like lesbians in the stereotypical fashion, but they still like sports and doing things that not all girly girls might like to do.

On Friday night, I went out with a group celebrating the birthday of one of our teammates. She wanted to catch a San Jose Sabercats indoor football game. I think a lot of us were indoor football virgins, so it was nice to lose that title. San Jose doesn't have football like San Francisco and Oakland, so there were actually quite a few fans. So, while we were watching the game, we also got to talk about how the Sabercats were matched by the even more popular Saberkittens. OK, not everyone in attendance goes for girly girls, but they are very nice to look at. The little boys (and I really mean little) seated behind us, though, were so disrespectful toward them in such a demeaning manner that I was amazed their fathers let them speak that way. Of course, when you think about it, they probably learned it from them in the first place. I will have to admit, after chatting with the woman seated next to me, though, that I don't think I could go for a total girly girl.

After the game, we decided to hang out in a downtown San Jose gay bar. There was actually a good mix of men and women, but still more men than women. As we danced with our drinks (holding ones drink while casually moving to the music) in the blacklight lit room, we all kinda conversed. When I turned to talk to the birthday girl, a very tall woman squeezed between us on her way to the bar. All I saw was her side and backside as she passed.

"Wow...Amazon," I said to my friend, in reference to her being fairly tall.

"I think she's a tranny," she replied.

I looked back. She was right. The T still looked pretty good, though, and had I seen her from the front and with regular light, I might have noticed. There was another T I had noticed at the doorway, but wasn't absolutely sure...and wasn't going to spend any time trying to find out. Another T made her way into the bar later on. She was a little easier to read by the outfit and size.

The nice thing is that no one in our group really made a big deal about them, nor the midnight drag show that went on.

A few of the girls from Friday night, though, convinced me to attend an all-women event in San Francisco Saturday afternoon/evening, called Delicious. I made it around 5-6pm and danced with a few women. Later on, one of my teammates asks me if I'm interested in one of their friends because she's interested in me. (insert flashbacks of high school) I danced with her a few times that evening because I wanted to dance and, and she and I were both single. OK, we did more than dance, but we mainly kept our hands and lips to ourselves. She was fairly cute, but I wasn't sure dating a friend of my teammates was such a good idea. For one thing, I'd probably end up disclosing to her that I'm T, which could lead to the whole team knowing...and I'm not sure if I really want that at this point. They could already know, but based on their responses to me and to other transgender people they've noticed, I don't think they do. Perhaps I am underestimating my passability...who knows.

The 'friend' mentioned to me, after seeing a transgender woman dancing on the dance floor, that she was her 'favorite transvestite'. The T probably could have passed relatively easy had she not been wearing such provocative attire, but she was wearing what felt comfortable for her.

Anyway, the rest of the weekend is kind of a blur. A friend mentioned an MMORPG to me the previous weekend, and since I had never played one, I bought the game. Let's just say that I'm hooked. It's also in the same game that another transsexual was trying to create an LGBT-friendly guild, but was 'cited for harassment' by the producers of the game.

I can see why a lot of gamers are so thin...I barely remembered to eat while playing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you didn't drink?

Kara said...

I had a Shirley Temple, OK? It's still considered a drink....just non-alcoholic.

Anonymous said...

what is a Shirley Temple made of?

Kara said...

7-up/Sprite and Grenadine....basically it's a Cherry Sprite.

Anonymous said...

oh cool