Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A very gay weekend

As with most three-day weekends, this past one was way too short. One of these days I am going to simply do nothing for one of them, but this time, I was still pretty busy.

It started out with Gay Night at Great America with some of my teammates on Friday night. I didn't realize how much entertainment they actually had there until looking at some of the links, but we basically just rode rides and hung out chatting while in line to ride. It's kinda funny seeing lesbians and gay guys mix together. For instance, when we jumped on Top Gun, we had 5 riding in our group. The ride holds four across, so 3 went in one line and I and another in the line behind. We were set to ride with two gay guys. When it came time for us to go, they two guys asked if both of us would ride on the outside since they were scared to sit there. They wanted to ride in the middle. We both kinda chuckled....the girls were riding on the outside cuz the guys were scared to.

As we walked around, I did see Donna Sachet on stage. Although she was wearing a red dress, it wasn't the red dress both of us were wearing at the Cotillion. I also saw a number of T's. Most of them could have passed fairly well had they not stood out. One was wearing a super short skirt, and the other just hadn't taken care of her facial hair fully. Both could have done quite well with just a few tweaks. One of my teammates saw the shirt skirted T and said that she worked it better than any woman she knew. The other one had an awesome voice, and initially, did not set off my T-dar. It was only when she was standing near me in line that I noticed.

On Saturday and Sunday, I played in a gay sports tournament. As I walked past a few guys, I heard one of them say that all of the guys play like girls, and the girls play like guys. He was over-exaggerating, but I thought it was a funny comment. After two solid days of activities, though, I was tired and jumped in the hot tub when I got home.

Speaking of the Cotillion, I ran into Lenny, the other emcee from the Cotillion. When I went up to say hi, he said he thought he'd seen me playing. I wonder when one of these events leads me to a place where "people who know" mix with "people who don't". OK,OK...I'll stop worrying about it.

Prior to the weekend, I found out Donna Rose was going to be in town for a wrestling tournament. Although she and I were both fairly busy this past weekend, we arranged to have breakfast Monday morning before I dropped her off at the airport. I talked Amber and JoanB into attending as well, since both of them have hung out with Donna at some point or another in the past few years. Donna's flight was fairly early which left us searching for a breakfast joint early on a holiday. Fortunately, Crepevine was open and provided a good option for a nice breakfast. (If one is visiting San Francisco for FFS or whatever, I would definitely recommend visiting there or any of the breakfast joints near the Castro...especially those along or near Market street.

After dropping Donna off at the airport, I chilled with some friends watching X-men 3. It was pretty good...and actually a little gory in some parts. I guess the X-men aren't gay, but it was basically finished off my weekend. Oh wait...part of the movie took place in San Francisco...and on Alcatraz island. The story line had a company taking over the island for their secure location. I guess that's pretty gay.

After that, I just chilled at home. I feel like I need a few days off after this weekend. Luckily it's a short week.

No comments: