Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanks

I'm currently flying back from spending an interesting time with my family over the Thanksgiving holiday. Mom was still going through her pheresis process, and due to some of the separation results and minor complications, she ended up staying in the treatment area 4 days longer than expected. My dad took the train in for Thanksgiving, so the three of us, along with my aunt, spent Thanksgiving at one of my mom's care facilities...along with about 6 other people and their support crews going through similar stuff. It all actually worked out fairly well, and I ended up teaching my parents how to play Rummy.

It's been two weeks since surgery. Things have gone relatively smooth and the pain hasn't been that bad. Even flying didn't seem to be an issue, as some people seem to have more swelling after a flight.

Most people haven't noticed the minor swelling along my jaw...it's only when I point it out that they can see the swelling. I actually played some minor sports about a week after surgery, but I limited my running, though, in order to keep my heart rate down. I probably shouldn't have played, but I told my teammates that I would not be running.

I'm still taking pain killers at night and trying to sleeping with an incline. I'm taking half a Vicodin and half a Valium just to get to sleep. Actually, last night I stopped the Valium. I hope to stop the Vicodin soon, too, so my digestive system can get back on track. Although I finished the antibiotics a week ago, my system has still been a little screwy, probably since I didn't eat as much yogurt as I should have....but that happens when there is yummy turkey and mashed potatoes on the table.

No comments: