Sunday, November 11, 2007

Why they don't show bad movies on flights

Twas the night before surgery and Kara still hadn't finished the movie United 93. The movie takes place the morning of 9/11, mainly aboard the doomed flight of United 93. It follows the aviation information flow from air traffic controllers noticing hijackings, to the lack of the traceability of planes, and the capabilities to shoot down those planes. It also goes over how the hijackers likely made it into the cockpit.

Watching the movie, I sat there wanting to tell the people to do something...anything. It's the reason we watch movies twice or more, right...we somehow think the ending will change. I don't know how many times I have watched Back to the Future wondering if Marty will indeed make it back to his future.

Anyway, I'll admit, watching the movie definitely put me on edge as I relived some of the events from over 6 years ago....events that likely helped shove this little bird out of the nest.

Unfortunately, watching this movie the afternoon before I am to have surgery was probably not the best thing to do. At least I had a little time to calm down here at Cocoon and settle into place. There are two other women here, one who had surgery well over a week ago and another that had surgery just a few days ago. I was originally only going to be here tonight, but due to cancellations and such, I'll be staying here again tomorrow after surgery. I'll be catching a cab to the hospital bright and early in the morning, then Mira will be dropping me off at Cocoon after I'm out of recovery...assuming Dr. O doesn't put me in the hospital for the night. He seems to think I will be in and out, so that's very promising.

No comments: