Friday, April 15, 2016

Post Op Day 3

I took the two pain pills right at 9pm last night and about 15 minutes later I could feel the warmth fill my body as the pain disappeared.  I figured I would sleep through the entire night with the two pain pills.  I woke up and it was still dark out, unfortunately, so I knew it was before 5:30am.  When I looked at my phone, it said 11:47pm.  Sheesh!  I barely made it 3 hours.  Luckily, I was able to get back to sleep without too much trouble, but slept intermittently until around 6.

The shift change happens between 7 and 7:30, I think, and my nurse usually comes in around 7:30am to do vitals and anything else that needs to happen.  In this case, my drains were to be removed.  I thought someone from Dr. Meltzer's office would remove the drains, but my nurse was able to snip the suture holding them in place and then gently slid them out.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

I also didn't realize how far down along the labia the drains ran under my skin, but I think one of the channels for the drains aggravated a nerve in my right leg.  Over the past few days, if I touch my right inner thigh in a certain way or stretch out my right leg so that the inner thigh has any sort of tension on it, it feels like it lights up on fire.  Like, seriously on fire.

Now that the drains were out and I was able to walk, it was time to shower.  It felt good to wash my hair and just sit under the warm water.  Greenbaum needs to fix their shower heads, though, as they pretty much suck…at least mine did.

No comments: