Friday, July 01, 2005

Stress

E and I are on a flight into the hot and humid Midwest. My family is having their annual family reunion and both of us are popping in for a short stay. We fly out to even hotter weather in Arizona on Sunday. Yup, I'm headed back to Scottsdale for round 2. I have labiaplasty on July 6th...the same day Amber had her initial SRS last year. I was initially scheduled for June 20th, but with Blair getting a date on the 29th of June, I was able to get the July 6th one without too much trouble. That will give us a few days to hang out in the hot desert heat while we're both there for surgery. E is just along for support, but also gets to hang out with me while I visit with the family.

The past month or two have been fairly hectic, though. It's nice to finally be on 'vacation', even if it does involve surgery. It feels like I've been swamped at work lately, but I was able to get most of my current projects either finished, or to a point where I was waiting on other things to happen before I moved forward. We've also had rumors of layoffs circulating the office for quite some time, and due to some demographic analysis problem, they didn't implement said layoffs until just recently. This was the third layoff I've been through at my current company. Most of the time, they have called these layoffs 'cutting the fat' that was left over from the biotech boom. Well, the good news is that I still have a job, but since someone in our group was laid off, I'll now probably have more duties.

So, for the past month or so, my left eye lid has been twitching on and off. It's happened in the past. Usually I attributed it to stress and possibly being dehydrated...but it's probably due mainly to the stress. Now that I wrapped up most of my work and we're past the layoffs, hopefully it will stop twitching. If it's related to the upcoming surgery, then I still have about a week before it will hopefully stop.

No comments: