Friday, June 20, 2008

2 hours after the 2 hour phone call

I was supposed to hang out with some friends in the afternoon / early evening at one of the local Gay Pride month activities this past Sunday. I was going to leave around the same time that I had my 2 hour phone conversation, so I arrived a little late.

We hung out a little longer. To be honest, it was both a long and short weekend...and I was mentally tired as our sports season drew to a close. OK, yes, I still have a very weak MCL, but I was able to get into the game in a consolation manner.

It's strange, every time I am not really looking for any type of romance it seems to hit.

The first was a cute woman. Her baggett (my term for a male fag hag or dyke tyke) whispered in my ear that she thought I was cute.

We ended up chatting for a while, but I just wasn't in dating mode at all. I just wanted to veg, and I guess that just didn't come off the right way. She had to leave shortly after then, and I probably should have given her my number. I know...stupid Kara.

After I found my friends, and we stood around there chatting, one of my friends whispered in my ear that some dude had been staring at me for like 10 minutes straight.

Sigh.

He finally approaches, and well, "he" was actually a she. By every indication, she needs to just accept transition and start living as a guy. Or, well, I dunno...she just came across as very masculine in a feminine way...which was kinda...meh, I don't know...but she just wasn't my type.

I dunno, I guess I'm just not really into super-masculine women that look like guys. Sure, if I met a nice FTM, I'd totally date them...but I dunno, dating an FTM is dating a guy...not a masculine woman.

Anyway, the hard part was trying to ditch her in nice way, which turned out to be harder than I thought it would be.

When I said something along the lines of hanging out with my lesbian friends and that I wasn't a lesbian, I probably should have just kept my mouth shut instead of telling her I was queer. My friends finally decided to head out and I left with them, without giving out my number when requested. Plus, she was more than an hour away, and that would not have been fun to deal with.

Right before lunch today, I got an email from a guy here at work who I had chatted with in the breakroom when I had my puppy...I mean, leg brace on. He was curious about my sports activities and asked me to lunch. So, after a few quick IM's to my consultant crew, I was off to have a very innocent lunch with a guy here at work.

We chatted for a while. He's actually from a place in Oz near where I went to high school. He even knew the name of the college I went to. I kept it pretty innocent, though, only talking about generic work stuff and personal history and sports. No T stuff and no personal dating stuff...like being queer or anything.

It was just an innocent lunch.

Yes, I will be worried if he takes it outside of work because I don't think he knows my history since he has only been here a year. I just don't want any of this to affect him working here...such that he might get all freaked out about the T stuff and leave or something.

Sigh.

Anyway, I've probably shot down 3 people this week. Hey, well, at least I found something I'm getting good at.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Damn girl, I can't even get anyone to shoot down. I'm jealous. As for the guy at work, I understand how you feel. If he's a good guy, he wouldn't care about the T thing, so maybe he is a good guy and I'm sure he is.

Anonymous said...

Just be open to love, no matter where it comes from.

Anonymous said...

What should Bret do?

Kara said...

Brett needs to do what is best for Brett, incorporating in short term and long term impact, legacy, financial responsibility, teammates, and love for playing the game.

The decision cannot be easy.

Anonymous said...

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!