Thursday, June 26, 2008

My, what big hands you have

Over the past few months, I've noticed a few comments that make me want to go, "Well, duh, that's what happens when you're born male."

My teammate: "Your shoes look huge from up here."

Another: "You have pretty big feet."

Yet another teammate: "You have large hands."

...and last night's comment, "You have really wide fingernails."

"Yes I do.”

“I have big hands,” says my teammate as she holds her hand up to mine.

“So do I.”

We have the same size hands... and she’s the same height as me.

Interesting.

So, yeah, my typical response has become, “Yes I do.” I’ve come to learn that denying something that is actually true just makes it that more obvious that I’m trying to hide something. Thus, now it's more an agreement that I do have large feet, or large hands, or wide fingernails, or large shoulders, or big arms, or buff legs...because, well...I do.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Another: "You have pretty big feet."


You know what they say about someone with big feet?

They wear big shoes.

I have pretty big feet, no denying that, but my hands aren't huge and seldom get noticed. OF course they've usually figured it out long before they even get to the hands or feet.